Friday, September 21, 2012

Digital woes but a customer service win

So yesterday I finally received the ATT phone that I ordered. I had initially purchased one of those cheap pay as you go phones from Best Buy thinking I could transfer my old number as some carriers (e.g. Boostmobile) allows (or used to anyway) but no dice. I ended up having to get another phone over the web which arrived in the mail and had my old number transferred to it.

The instructions said to power it up and turn it on and the phone would automatically activate. That sounded too good to be true and it was. After a fruitless 15 minute search ATT’s website for instructions I finally broke down and called the customer service number.

Amazingly I got a real life person and a sweet woman with a wonderful Southern accent walked me through the process of activating the phone. After about half an hour I was totally exhausted and decided to call it a day. (Well, not actually but it definitely put me on a lower productivity profile for the rest of the day.)

Now it remains to be seen if VZW will actually stop billing me for that number.

No comments: