Monday, September 17, 2012

Confusing action with accomplishment

Whenever I’m in some kind of rut I tend to over do things.

One of the first things I do is to look around for “productivity” tools to organize myself. Tried out Evernote, Tomboy Notes and reQall. Gave up on all of them within a week and went back to what I was doing before - a combination of Google Docs and pen and paper. Nothing works as well as the latter.

Signed up for courses at Coursera - I probably bit off more than I could chew - five courses. I had planned on doing one or two but the courses looked real interesting and I was afraid they wouldn’t be offered again. It was more of a kick in my butt to really try to learn R, Python and NetLogo.

I may end up having to drop a couple of courses. I’d really like to see some courses on Bayesian data analysis and big data.

No comments: